Monday, October 12, 2009

Wondering about the color of my thumb...

One thing I really want to do when we arrive in Key West (assuming we get a place that this will be possible) is start a garden. I'll probably start out with tomatoes, as they are pretty hard to kill, and hopefully one day be able to grow some strawberries--they are absolutely my favorite fruit. I hope to be able to start doing some canning as well.
I have so many goals for myself right now; I am just hoping that I can accomplish them all. So far my goals include starting a garden, meal planning consistently, making more handmade things (toys for my daughter, presents for Christmas, etc), canning, making my own baby food (hopefully from my own home-grown fruits and veggies!), and hopefully keeping up with all of it on this blog.
I need to find a good way to get my thoughts organized on these things so I have a firm "point A" to begin at. If anyone has any suggestions please leave a comment!
As for my Link of the Day, I suggest checking out Granny Green:
http://www.granny-green.com/
This is a website I recently stumbled upon when Hillbilly Housewife's Susanne retweeted an amazing quote from her the other day, "If you can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel, march down there and turn it on yourself."
She is a fun blog to follow, and she has some great recipes and tips on her site as well, so be sure to stop by there and take a look :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails